On a per-Job basis, entry intern level positions open at The Film Hub in Vista, CA (San Diego County) On-the-Job Training. Experience in painting and set building is a bonus, or production assistant work on video shoots is preferred.
Job Description: As a stagehand, you are personnel assisting in stage prep and in the Art department, setting up and striking sets for commercials and productions. This position can range from on-call general studio & facility setup or front desk personnel for shoots during the week, including evenings and weekends.
We are looking for a fast learner with a desire to learn. We need a self–motivated, hard worker, who works quickly, efficiently, and safely. Needs good interpersonal & listening skills. On-the-Job Art Department training.
This opportunity opens the door to an innovative, one-of-a-kind facility where you are supported, appreciated, & valued. Opportunities for growth and building a long-term career are possible.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in Art Department with Setting up and striking sets in our stages and on locations.
- Stage prep for bookings: Painting cyc, cleaning & Sanitizing, re-setting stage for next check-in.
- Coordinate and communicate with stage manager in preparation of client’s arrival.
- Troubleshoot, problem solve on set.
- Event assistance with set up & clean up parking and traffic director.
- Understands The Film Hub’s culture and brand and ensures compliance with all our Policies & Procedures and studio operational standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
- Entry-level tool knowledge
- Knowledge of the use of basic tools and basic knots.
- Sufficient at painting walls
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with management and team members
- Must have strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating good judgment.
- Ability to anticipate needs and multi-task in a fast-paced environment on set.
- Ability to perform all duties in a safe manner and in alignment with Company policies and procedures.
- Experience in Lighting, Grip & Electric is a bonus.
- Experience in on-set operations or set building in the art department is a bonus.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds, comfortable on ladders and using lifts.
- Personal Basic tools required for Job: tool belt, hammer, Measuring tape, small level, pliers, side cutters, and gloves.
- Required physical activity for long periods of time, high endurance.
- GED Education required, must be 18 and Licensed.
- Ability to successfully pass a drug and alcohol screening and criminal background check.
- Daily Work Locations: Changing depending on Project location.
- Schedule: Flexible and open availability required, some weekends and Evenings required.