WE ARE HIRING – Stagehand Night and Weekend Shifts
As needed, on a per job basis. Entry intern level positions open at The Film Hub in Vista, Ca (San Diego County) On the Job Training. Minimal experience needed. Evenings and weekends shifts, perfect for a college student in Digital media or production assistant entering into the video production industry. Video editing experience is a bonus.
Job Description: As a stagehand for The Film Hub you are the personnel prepping spaces for bookings. This may be for production & photography shoots or putting out tables and chairs for Special Events or meetings. This position ranges from painting studio floors to the personnel on site during evenings and weekend bookings. We are looking for an individual who is a fast learner is ambitious, self –motivated and hard worker who works quickly, efficiently and safely. Needs good listening skills and an approachable team member with a positive attitude. Someone who has or can develop customer service skills to work with stage rental clients. Perks for employees are access to member events & Employee discounts on spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Production Studios Department
- Staff Personnel on site to cover evenings and weekend bookings.
- Stage prep for video shoots: Painting Cycloramas, cleaning and resetting soundstage for the next check in.
- Help with Setting up and striking Sets rentals, furniture or equipment rentals in studios.
- Performing check-out procedures with clients after bookings.
- Inventory and inspections of all basic grip and rentals returned and in good condition after booking.
- Coordinate and communicate with the stage manager.
- Troubleshoot and problem-solve facility issues that may come up.
- Clean coffee bar after use and reset.
- Secure building and Lock and close all doors and gates to facility upon clients exit.
- Maintain Studios organization
Special Events Department:
- Assist with Event set up & breakdown, parking and traffic director.
- Set up and or move tables and chairs and other furniture needed according to event floor plans.
- Ensuring event space is clean and presentable
- On-Site Facility liaison for client after events manager checks Client in for booking.
- Troubleshoot any facility issues that may come up like Tv connections or speaker systems.
- Manage coffee bar and trash removal during and after event.
- Basic clean up after event before Janitors arrive for deep clean.
- Provide exceptional customer service to our clients throughout their booking.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed.
- Understands the The Film Hub culture and brand and ensure compliance with all our Policies & Procedures, as well as studio operational standards.
- Sufficient at painting walls
- Knowledge of use of basic tools and basic knots.
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with management, clients, and team members
- Must have strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating good judgement.
- Ability to anticipate needs and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and on set.
- Ability to perform all duties in a safe manner and in alignment with Company policies and procedures.
- Experience in Lighting, Grip & electric is a benefit.
- Digital media, editing and camera skills is a bonus and could lead to help in marketing.
- GED Education required & ability to successfully pass a drug screen and criminal background check.
- Must be able to lift over 50 pounds, comfortable on ladders and using lifts.
- Required physical activity
- Daily Work Locations: The Film Hub 170 Eucalyptus Ave Vista, Ca or off-location stage in Vista, Ca.
- Schedule: Availability required for evenings and weekends on a per-job basis.
EMAIL US TO APPLY: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send in your Resume or work experience